Monday, October 29, 2007

A Whole Week Gone!

Can't believe it's been a week since I last posted. I've started a couple of posts, saved the drafts, but haven't finished them.

When DH travels I have a very hard time sleeping -- I usually stay up til the wee hours reading, playing computer games, and/or watching TV. You'd think I could use the time to blog, but that requires too much mental effort at 1am (or later).

Also when he's not here, neither is my inspiration.

The two extra long work days didn't help either (2 hours drive each way, then hours of mostly boring meetings in very uncomfortable chairs). I had to get up an hour earlier than usual each day -- miserable. Then being two days out of the office meant extra tough days Thursday and Friday as I tried, and failed, to get caught up. And by end of day Friday my back was killing me.

Saturday I got up, went to the chiro then came home and cleaned house in preparation for DH coming home. He got home after 9pm and we were both too tired to go out, or have any other fun. Sunday was relaxing, with just a couple of errands to run -- DH spent most of it napping.

So, now it's a new week, and it's going to be even crazier than last week. Tomorrow is end of month, usually a long day, but since it's also the day before physical inventory, there will be even more work. Then Wednesday & Thursday (and possibly Friday) I'm supposed to be at work at 4:30 am (not a typo -- a.m. as in the black before the sun even wakes up morning), and since it's an hour drive to work, I'll be up at 3 and leaving at 3:30. If I'm starting that earlier, I must be getting off early, right? Wrong. I'm in charge of tag control, which means as long as counting is going on, I need to be there controlling tags, and last I heard they don't expect to stop until 6pm. DH will be taking our youngest trick-or-treating (she doesn't understand why mommy can't do it).

I am going to be very close to dead on Saturday.

So, while I may peek in on other blogs, and check my stats here, don't be surprised if another week goes by before I get a spanking related post on here.

No comments: