Friday, November 14, 2008

Aaaachoooo!

Yep, that's right, I'm on vacation and I'm sick.

I don't think I ever fully got over the cold or whatever it was that I had during physical. Then there was the travelling on Wednesday, and yesterday we went out and definitely overexerted ourselves. We are at a high altitude here, and what did we do yesterday -- hiked up a hill to see a historical cemetery and then went on a cave tour where we had to climb up over 100 steps to get out of the cave. Lots and lots of labored breathing. I live basically at sea-level so this has been tough. The labored breathing pulled muscles in my back.

Oh, and to top it off, I've hardly slept. I cannot get comfortable enough to sleep through the night, and when I woke up too early this morning I couldn't get back to sleep because congestion that had come on during the night made it impossible to breathe through my nose. And I have a really hard time falling asleep while breathing through my mouth.

Managed to drag my sorry ass out of bed, determined I was getting a sinus infection, took the cold medicine I brought (I always travel as prepared as possible) then joined my sibs downstairs for breakfast before heading out again for the day. Went back to the cave area and went on a coaster ride -- too fun. Then headed back to the hotel for massages, oxygen, jacuzzi and pool time. We are all just wiped out. After the spa, a quiet dinner, then I holed up in our room while everyone else went for a walk -- just not feeling well enough. When they came back, I joined them at a firepit for s'mores and hot cider. It's been a pretty relaxing day -- just wish I felt better.

And, I don't know if it's the altitude or the congestion, but my benign positional vertigo seems to have returned as well. I really don't like feeling dizzy at every movement. Plus it has turned into that time of the month. I'm just a walking mess right now.

Besides the illness and lack of sleep, we've been having a good time. The weather has been gorgeous -- although I think all of us would have liked a little more snow. Tomorrow, a little shopping in the morning, lunch at an awarding winning bbq restaurant then 1st airport of the day. I won't get home until after 9pm tomorrow night. DH plans to pick me up. Maybe while shopping I'll find a new implement to take home... hmmmm :)

Sunday will be a rest and recuperate day. Hope I can get past this cold before work on Monday.

Took lots of pictures -- maybe I'll get some posted here or over on my other blog.

4 comments:

Spanky said...

What a shame! I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Every time I fly, I come down with something. I hope you get to feeling better asap!

Serpent's Embrace said...

Robin,

I hope you feel better soon!

Marcus

john said...

Hope you will be better soon.

Robin said...

Spanky, Marcus, and John -- Thank you all for your get well wishes -- you're all too sweet.
Definitely put a damper on the vacay, and I'm still not completely over it, but I'm getting there.
*smiles*
Robin