Monday, July 7, 2008

So...

DH is off to Mexico this week, the guests are on their way back to France, and OC is on her way to France with them. Yep, I'm sending my baby off to France for 2 weeks. I'm praying for her safety and am sure she'll have a good time. The family she's staying with lives northwest of Paris, but they'll be spending about a week in the south of France (on the Med) with maybe a day in Spain. They've got lots of fun activities planned for her.

It's just the 3 of us 'til Saturday -- me, MC, and YC. Big, empty house. Big, empty bed. *sigh*

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I was exhausted, but since it was a holiday weekend, with company, no lazing about allowed. Off to the festival we all went. DH, YC and I defended our space while the older kids scattered. We ate, sat in the sun, listened to music (can't tell you who 'cuz if you search them you'd find out where I live *grin*). The crowd swelled to over 40,000. It was packed. The weather was perfect -- warm with a slight breeze, not a cloud in the sky.

And, finally, fireworks. I love fireworks! They did a pretty good job with the accompanying music (except for some screaming thing by AC/DC). Even included the theme from Indiana Jones -- the crowd liked that. At one point there was a pause. People thought the show was over. This voice booms out, "Over? Did you say 'over'? It's not over 'til I say it's over!" And then the finale. Loved the comment -- it got a great laugh.

Fireworks on the 4th of July always make me think of John Adams. He'd written a letter to his wife on July 3rd 1776, the day after the Continental Congress resolved on 2 July 1776 "That these United Colonies are, and of right, ought to be, Free and Independent States." (Explains why he states July 2nd should be celebrated instead of the 4th, which is when the final version of the Declaration was approved and signed). Here's part of the letter (the important part *grin*):

...The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America.— I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.


You will think me transported with Enthusiasm but I am not.—I am well aware of the Toil and Blood and Treasure, that it will cost Us to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these States.—Yet through all the Gloom I can see the Rays of ravishing Light and Glory. I can see that the End is more than worth all the Means. And that Posterity will tryumph in that Days Transaction, even altho We should rue it, which I trust in God We shall not.


And celebrate we do with all of the above -- with great enthusiasm.


DH and I are maybe back on track... 3 times in less than 48 hours (you know what I mean *wink*). Not bad for us old folks *grin*. Of course, none of those 3 times included much in the way of spanking (although I got to enjoy some very nice oral last night *big grin*). Gotta get DH out of his rut of only spanking me while I'm pleasuring him orally -- neither of us can really focus on the spanking in that position...


I did get a bit of a spanking after my shower last night. I'm so very fair that I don't dare go out in the sun without a heavy coating of the highest SPF I can find. But I really don't want to be so pale I glow in the dark so I've been trying a sunless tanning lotion. Only problem is I can't reach my upper and middle back -- at least not well enough to evenly spread lotion. So I asked DH to help me out *rolling eyes*. Uh huh. Helped he did -- helped himself to my butt! I was still damp from the shower and the lotion I'd already applied, plus I'd already given him the lotion he was supposed to apply to my BACK, so it was a stingy hand spanking. SPANK, rub, SPANK, rub... This repeated 'til my backside was a nice bright pink all over (and the lotion well rubbed in). He had me kicking up my feet and squealing *grin*. When he was satisfied with the spanking, he finally applied the lotion to my back.

No comments: